System Center Suite:
- Virtual Machine Manager
- App Controller
- Operations Manager
- Configuration Manager
- Endpoint Protection (included with Configuration Manager)
- Service Manager
- Data Protection Manager
With the release of System Center 2012, you can install all these components from a single unified installer. It’s also possible to deploy the components in the traditional manner, one product at a time.
System Center 2012 provides several general improvements in all the revised products. These improvements include:
- All products in the System Center 2012 suite are designed with interoperability in mind.
- All products now use a standard UI that was present in more recent versions of System Center products, such as Service Manager, but that wasn’t available in older products, such as Configuration Manager.
- Products have similar infrastructure requirements. All versions support the same SQL Server back end, which means that organizations no longer need to support different versions of SQL Server to support their System Center infrastructure. All versions can be installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 without requiring you to download a substantial number of extra components.
- All System Center products are now designed to be deployed within VMs running on supported hypervisors.
- All System Center products have improved PowerShell support. Newly created PowerShell cmdlets let you accomplish almost all of the tasks available in each product’s GUI. Some products include more than 100 new PowerShell cmdlets.
- Improved role-based access control (RBAC) functionality lets you delegate the ability for people to perform specific management and monitoring tasks without giving them unnecessary privileges.