To setup Maintenance tasks in SCCM:-
- In the Configuration Manager console, go to Administration > Site Configuration>Sites.
- Choose the site that has the maintenance task that you want to set up.
- On the Home tab, in the Settings group, choose Site Maintenance, and then choose the maintenance task that you want to set up.
- To set up the task, choose Edit, ensure the Enable this task check box is checked, and set up a schedule for when the task runs. If the task also deletes aged data, set up the age of data that will be deleted from the database when the task runs. Choose OK to close the task Properties.
- To enable or disable the task without editing the task properties, choose the Enable or Disable button. The button label changes depending on the current configuration of the task.
- When you are finished configuring the maintenance tasks, choose OK to finish the procedure.More information & Reference:-https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/servers/manage/maintenance-tasks
So, with that information, we will get to our key maintenance task – Site Back up. As shown above, back up site server is one of the maintenance task for backing up the site server to survive in DR situations.
- Once you have enabled the back up task, it’s required to provide the destination path where your backup has to copied. Ensure that your back up drive is having enough disk space to avoid failures.
- For successful backup, below mentioned services are required:
Remote registry Service
Comand – vssadmin list writers
Below mentioned writers should be present for backup to be successful.
‘Task Scheduler Writer’
‘VSS Metadata Store Writer’
‘Performance Counters Writer’
‘Shadow Copy Optimization Writer’
‘COM+ REGDB Writer’
Status message IDs
500 – SMS_SITE_Backup Service Started
501 – SMS_SITE_BACKUP Service is Stopped
502 – SMS_SITE_BACKUP Service is Stopping
5035 – Backup completed
5034 – Backup Failed
5040 – Backup.ini file created
5055 – Back up Phase started after verifying the backup folder
5056 – Started to Complete the Backup Phase